Minimum Requirements for Acceptance
- A baccalaureate degree (a 4-year degree) in a natural science subject from an accredited institution. If you have a DVM and no undergraduate degree, the DVM will serve as the basis for admission. If the student does not have a degree in a natural science subject, they may still be eligible for admission
- Meet the minimum GPA requirements for the program. Graduate certificate and non-degree applicants must have an upper-division 2.0 GPA or better. To calculate an upper-division GPA, please use the Upper-Division GPA Worksheet.
For more details, visit the admissions page.
To apply for the graduate certificate program, students must meet minimum requirements.
Graduate certificate applicants need to complete a Graduate Certificate application and all the application steps.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Non-degree seeking students must apply for each semester they take courses. To apply as a non-degree seeking student, applicants must meet minimum requirements.
- Students must comply with the standard UF Computer and Software Requirements.
- AOL Users: The AOL browser does not properly display the web pages for the online courses, nor does it function properly when using the proxy server to connect to the library. If you use AOL to connect to the internet, you must use either Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.
- Proxy Server: For information and instructions about accessing the library’s resources through the proxy server, please consult the library’s help page on the topic.
- Please fill out applications to our programs, registration requests, and all other forms on a computer or laptop. Some students cannot see all necessary information on their iPhone, iPad, or tablet.
Accessing the 1098-tax form
- An IRS Tax Form 1098-T is produced each January for the immediate prior year showing qualified tuition paid and scholarships/fellowships received. The form is mailed to the student’s permanent address unless they have opted to receive it electronically.
- 1098-T is available for viewing beginning in mid-February.
- To access the 1098-T, please go to MyUFL > My Campus Finances > View 1098-T.
- There is a $37 application fee for certificate applications. There is no application fee associated with the non-degree application.
- Some courses do require textbooks.
Paying by Check
Make check payable to the University of Florida include your UFID number for proper credit. We are not responsible for checks that do not arrive. Mailed payments are considered on time based on the date received by the cashier, and not based on the date of postmark. Please mail check to:
S113 Criser Hall
PO Box 114050
Gainesville, FL 32611-4050
Veterans Affairs and Military Students
All non-degree, certificate, and master’s degree students can receive the G.I. Bill or V.A. Tuition Assistance. Contact VAcounselor@ufl.edu for further information.
Our program runs by semester: Spring (January – April), Summer (May – August) and Fall (August – December).
Truly an Online Program
All courses are conducted online.
Time to Complete a Degree
Students average 1 ½ – 2 years to complete the certificate program but have up to seven years to complete.
Graduate Certificate Students
- Graduate certificate students must maintain an overall grade point average of a 3.0.
- Students should contact their academic advisor if they have specific questions about their grades or GPA.
Transferring Credit Toward a Higher Degree
Non-degree seeking students must earn a “B” or higher in order for credits to transfer toward a higher degree. Grades earned with a B- or less will not transfer. Non-degree seeking students may only transfer a maximum of 3 credits toward the wildlife forensic sciences graduate program.
The most common holds are below. For other holds, please contact email@example.com to get specific instructions.
Emergency Contact Hold
This hold is placed on all accounts each semester.
To clear the hold: Go to Student Self Service > click onto the heading “My Record” in the top left of the Student Self Service screen > click on “holds” under that heading. Follow the directions to clear the Emergency Contact hold. Log out of Student Self Service completely, close the browser, and then log back in to Student Self Service to verify that the hold was successfully removed.
Exit Interview Hold
If students have a hold for a financial aid exit interview, they will need to clear it before they can obtain a transcript or register for any further courses.
For further instruction, contact:
Financial Aid Coordinator
Students enrolled in the online graduate program do not need to have their immunization records sent to the University of Florida. The Distance Education Registration Team will ask the University of Florida Registrar to have this hold removed for you internally.
Registration Preparation Hold
This hold is placed on all accounts each semester.
To clear the hold: Go to Student Self Service > click onto the heading “My Record” in the top left of the Student Self Service screen > click on “holds” under that heading. Follow the directions to clear the Registration Preparation hold. Log out of Student Self Service completely, close the browser, and then log back in to Student Self Service to verify that the hold was successfully removed.
- Students will be able to access courses through our e-Learning site, also known as Canvas.
- Students will be able to access courses on the first day of classes each term.
- Students may be able to see course titles in Canvas before the first day of classes, but they will not be able to view course materials until classes officially begin.
Please view graduate certificate program to see course listings and recommended course order. If students have specific questions, they should contact their academic advisor (listed under the program’s information).