Dropping a Course
Students may drop their course without becoming fee liable for the course if it is before the drop/add deadline. The course will not show on transcripts and it will be as though the student was never registered for the course.
- Fill out the Course Drop Form.
- Students cannot drop courses in One.UF; if a course is dropped in One.UF, the student will still be liable for tuition.
- Students cannot drop courses by contacting the course instructor
Students may need enrollment verification to prove to a loan company or employer that they are enrolled in courses.
To show, or prove, enrollment in a course, submit a copy of the registrar’s enrollment certification form to the registrar after the drop/add period.
If a student cannot remember or locate their eight-digit UFID, they can retrieve it with the UFID Identifier.
If a student’s name has changed or is not correct in UF’s system, please contact us at email@example.com for further instructions.
Obtaining a Gator1 ID Card
Please visit Gator1 Central for instructions on obtaining a Gator1 for distance education students.
Receiving an Incomplete in a Course
Incompletes are only awarded under specific circumstances and at the discretion of the instructor and can be requested after the drop/add deadline at any point in the semester.
- Students must contact the instructor of the course that they would like to request an Incomplete (I) in. The instructors will then give any further instructions.
- It is not guaranteed that an Incomplete will be granted.
Transcripts are not automatically sent to the student after each term and must be requested by the student.
To gain access to unofficial transcripts:
- Go to https://one.uf.edu > click on “Transcripts” > click on “Current Students” > login with your Gatorlink username and password > click on “View and/or print my unofficial transcript.”
- Students who have graduated or have not taken courses for more than a term will not have access to unofficial electronic transcripts.
For official transcripts:
- Go to https://one.uf.edu > click on “Transcripts” > Follow the Transcript Request Procedures (PDF) to request transcripts from the registrar.
Withdrawing From a Course
If it is after the drop/add deadline and a student requests to drop their course, it will be considered a withdrawal. The student will be liable for all course tuition and a W will appear on his or her transcripts.
Students must email a request to the registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will send any necessary paperwork and direct instructions.
Distance Education and UF Online Students enjoy the same library privileges as on-campus students.
To utilize the University of Florida Library System, click here!