Strengthen Your Career with Wildlife Forensic Sciences and Conservation.
Working professionals in the fields of wildlife conservation, ecology, and animal protection encounter many challenging situations. The unique nature of the types of animals, along with the lack of awareness and regulation are just a few of the issues they face. With wildlife crime, such as trafficking, poaching and illegal hunting on the rise, it’s critical to have properly trained resources to help protect and conserve the U.S. and international wildlife population.
The University of Florida is proud to offer an online graduate program in Wildlife Forensic Sciences and Conservation. This program is designed to equip students with practical skills and techniques that will enhance their careers. Convenient and affordable, the courses are offered entirely online and can be completed in as little as one year.
Fish and wildlife officers, conservationists, and park rangers are just a few professionals who will benefit from the online wildlife forensic sciences and conservation graduate program. Adding an online master’s degree, graduate certificate, or graduate-level coursework to your resume can provide potential earning increases and job advancements, as well as boost your knowledge in an area of interest.
What Students Will Learn
Students can expect to cover a wide variety of topics that dive into historical and contemporary laws and legislation, crime scene processing, and conservation medicine. Topics will include:
- Overview of crime scene procedures and protocols
- Various types of evidence unique to wildlife forensics
- Evidence recognition and handling
- Crime scene test methods and techniques
- Conservation and ecology issues in wildlife crime
- Current trends in wildlife and biodiversity threats
- Legalities in domestic and international wildlife issues
Graduates of this program will be well-prepared for some of the careers listed below. Earning a master’s degree in Wildlife Forensic Sciences & Conservation qualifies individuals for higher pay and opportunities for advancement.
- Wildlife conservation officers
- Game and fish officers
- Individuals involved in NGO wildlife conservation programs
- Crime scene analysts
- Law enforcement officials
- Forensic investigators